Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm not the only one who took a BIG cut in pay.

Although this article here, talks about people going from 6 figures to $7 an hour and glad to get it, I wasn't making 6 figures. My husband and I together weren't making 6 figures. But we live where the cost of living was low and had no house payment or rent. I worked for him for years but the business grew and grew and due to the stressful nature we NEVER want to do that again. I actually got sick and had to quit (lyme) he went on to start another business but the demand for it went down the tubes so he's self employed again, I work @ Wally World. My daughter said if that hadn't happened we would have both been dead by now. But it was nice to be on the fast track and have the best of almost everything, not worry about the piddly things, even though the 24/7 work was a bit much, couldn't have any sort of family deal without having to answer the phone etc, I can't say how many meals I cooked while talking on the phone, or how many times I was awoken in the middle of the night by an emergency phone call from an employee, NOT FUN. On the other hand I, like these people in the link, am now VERY grateful for my little job although I think there are those who think I just work for the entertainment value. Doesn't make me feel so bad about my piddly little job and honest work?
I heard on the radio coming home tonight Barrack Obama said we should have the spirit of the American people during theRevolutionary War, not be depressed and downtrodden by the severe crisis that our country is in but concentrate on solving it. Think about it.

4 comments:

  1. I guess, change has really come to America? The entire world is happy about it. I'm sure, everyone's waiting for Jan 20, 2009. :D

    Til then!
    Freeallcards
    www.freeallcards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad but hopefully things will get better. We are all feeling the pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free all cards I'm happy about it. My husband was on the phone when Obama made his acceptance speech and he listened to it through the phone so we could hear it together. I just pray the man will hold up under the heavy load he has been given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenai it is sad but you know it's not so bad when it's happening to everyone. AND @ least I didn't have a bunch of money invested and lose it. I was a little ashamed of my job @ Wal Mart I admit it but I'm doing ok, sort of got a promotion a couple weeks ago and all is fine. AND I can forget about the job when I go home!! That part is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete