Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rod Blagojevich Nude Painting?

Being from Florence (population 75 last time I counted) my views are very midwestern but I'm probably more liberal than most in that I did a nude painting once, hung it on the wall of my bedroom, someone was in there helping my then husband move a heavy piece of furniture and asked if that was me. I promptly took it off the wall. It wasn't me, it was more Rubenesque by far, chubby if I spelled it wrong, and blonde to boot which I am obviously NOT.
Back to the story, seems this guy Bruce Elliot did a painting of Sarah Palin earlier to hang in his wife's bar. A nude painting. Bruce decided to do a nude governor series for the Old Town Ale House which is in Chicago the Illinois governor was the next logical choice. Blagojevich being arrested and up on corruption charges just made the painting have a slightly different subject matter.
This is a family blog so we won't go into detail but suffice to say it has something to do with a rubber glove, read the rest here.
What do I think? Art is art but I was mystified by the whole Frieda Kahlo thing so my midwestern upbringing must be popping up again? And as far as being in a bar drinking staring @ a nude picture of Rod? Just doesn't seem to be what would make a happy drunk but...........

No comments:

Post a Comment