Monday, August 16, 2010

I Thought Trouble Came In Threes?


This isn't South Texas, actually it's green down here.  The heat thing?  It's worse down here I swear than this photo.  Of course it's just as bad everywhere.  Who cares if it's 98 or 105? Deadly hot I can't stand outside and survive for long periods of time hot is just HOT.

So the refrigerator broke last week?  The truck broke the week before?  Well this weeks problems decided to condense themselves to this morning.  This may be a good thing but it led to some rather short fuses and nerves.

1.  Air conditioner fan broke in front of the semi.  That wouldn't be such a tragedy because there are two ac units on trucks except our other one had a leak in the freon and he plugged it off so the one in back REALLY doesn't work.  BUT this gave him an extra fan to install in front until we could find another fan which took 3 stops.  Freightliner truck, you'd think a freightliner DEALER would have a fan?  Silly silly you!!  We had to go 3 places to find a fan and freightliner couldn't even tell us where to find one.  (Pharr Texas)  He got it running first thing this morning by pushing on said fan blades while fiddling with the knob, a fact which he should not have told me because I was meditating on his great mechanical skills before his confession.

2.  We got locked out of the motel room we stayed in last night.  OK, we left the key on the dresser and then decided we needed back in the room because it was HOT @ 5:30 AM in the truck and the dog and I might as well be in the cool while he worked on the truck and then he could come back in and get cleaned up (he hadn't actually GOTTEN to the fan blades to PUSH on them yet), BUT being brilliant OCD people we were going to be ORGANIZED and EARLY and got out of the motel room @ 5:30 for our 8 AM appointment 10 miles AWAY!.  5:30 AM  not supposed to be HOT in the truck!!  Then the new key the night manager (boy) wouldn't work and he had to come make it work for me...
.
3.  After finding a new fan motor  much later this morning and putting it in we were following behind a gravel truck, Diamond Rock BTW but I know from previous experience it's useless to call them.  POW a rock hit our windshield and it will have to be REPLACED soon.

4.  You thought we were through didn't you?  We go to clean out the trailer (husband has been doing trailer cleaning as he is still in the----she wouldn't go trucking with me for 8 years, I'd better not screw this up------phase.  But since I used to clean trailers out all the time I decided I needed the exercise.  Trailer wouldn't start.  For all of you non trucking people it's a reefer.  A GIANT refrigerator or freezer.  Would be nice to have it started since it's 100 and we will be doing physical sweeping inside of it.  I swept and he fixed the unit, it had lost it's prime or ground or something.  Sweeping wasn't too bad but the dog did get rather dirty "helping".  This is AFTER I washed his feet, twice.

So we are still married.  I haven't demanded to be taken to the nearest airport, he made me take the dog carrier out of here anyway.  Hopefully the rest of the day will be better?  Thank goodness I married a mechanical person!

No comments:

Post a Comment