Monday, August 23, 2010

Ground Zero And The Mosque

I thought about writing this last week (we aren't going with prescribed blog format here, just what comes off the top of my head)  then I said naw......there are enough people talking about the mosque @ ground zero in New York.  Then I saw this video or what I could see of it because my internet connection is limited.




It seems that a man of vaguely African heritage (do rag on top of head basically, why not offend all while I'm @ it not just the conservatives, why should they be special?) walked through the crowd of protesters that were gathered @ the proposed Islamic Center close to the former site of the Twin Towers or Ground Zero.  (BTW you should check out the hallowed ground they are right, Mc Donalds, Strip Clubs, Chinese Restaurants, I know my insurance agency was next door too)  So this guy who is a carpenter is walking through the crowd of protesters and they basically attack, especially one dude in a shiny shiny blue hard hat and green t-shirt.  He really wants to fight the guy who looks vaguely foreign.  You all know the end to the story, the man with the white African hat was going to work @ the  memorial @ ground zero, he is a carpenter there.

What does this teach us?
1.  The guy in the shiny hard hat just bought it.
2.  Do not judge people by their do rags.
3.  First impressions are often wrong.
AND most importantly except for the Native Americans WE were ALL foreigners once.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Trencherbone, I'm NOT a big fan of Islam but we are a nation of tolerance. We do let the Nazis have parades and rallies?
    And I will get in trouble for saying this but Nazis could build close to ground zero too. They could. I didn't say they SHOULD. There is a difference between tolerance and pure stupidity and bullheadedness for the sake of being bullheaded which is what the mosque is. It's not a good idea obviously. BUT it's up to the people who wish to build the mosque if they want ANY sort of reconciliation as they profess to want they have to realize it's like saying kiss my rosy red @$$ to build there. In other words we tore down the Native Americans burial mounds to build shopping centers after we probably PUT the Indians in the burial mounds so who are we to say what can be built where. BUT we can ask others to be more concerned with our feelings and take a GOOD HARD LOOK @ ourselves in the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even the Native Americans migrated from somewhere else, all be it a long time ago...I do love people’s intolerance and the ability for a crowd to become a mob so quickly...

    ReplyDelete