Thursday, January 28, 2010

Truck Drivers Prohibited From Texting While Driving

Cnn article on recent announcement banning truck drivers from texting.

My husbands reaction to this, "No Sh&%."    You see it takes concentration to pilot 80,000 lb. down the road.  It's like common sense, one step above breathing in, out, in, out.

It also takes concentration to pilot a car down the road.  Nuff said?

I happen to think texting while driving anything should be punishable as stringently as say going 100 mph. I'm being reasonable here, I honestly think texting should be punished with drunk driving fines and sentences.

Cell phone usage?  I admit I have done that.  Weaving looking for a number or trying to punch it in.  PULL OVER!  If it's not available with two easily reached buttons fuggedabboutit!

We won't even go into the people who wear pajama bottoms to shop and have bluetooth, they are so important they must talk constantly.  I know that probably doesn't deserve a fine other than by the fashion police and Miss Manners.

1 comment:

  1. My BIL wears his headset at the dinner table. I'll think he's talking to us, and then realize he's on the phone!$&(#^(&#+!@

    Anyway, don't they already have laws about reckless operation? Seems redundant to me...

    ReplyDelete